On January 3rd, I launched a tool, that’s hosted at; yep, that’s right. You guessed it: alexarank.io. What the tool does, is pretty simple. It tracks the global Alexa ranks for domains, and shows the change over time in a chart. It’s not exactly tracking every damn domain on the web, but nothing prevents it from doing so. Except that someone, and I mean anyone who cares enough, has to submit the domain once, and that very instant, the tool would start tracking the domain.
On December 27th, Amin messaged me and shared his desire for tool that would track changes in Alexa ranks for particular domains. On the slightest effort at googling, we both discovered a shitty tool that offered to do so at some price I didn’t even bother to remember. Alexa itself offers to do that for you, but they too, yep you guessed it, do it for a fee. So I say to Amin, _we need to make a free alternative, _and we immediately start concepting, and after a while we started playing with code. Within the next few days we had a working buggy prototype up, but it was uglier than you could possibly imagine, so we fixed the bugs, and made it look presentable and on the 3rd day of 2016 we registered the domain and it was up.