There are several such services on the cloud that enable you to build a website for free. Some, like my3gb, offer you some hosting space and a subdomain (like domain.my3gb.com), and some also offer a site builder. Webs.com is an example, that offers a free subdomain, and an awesome site builder.
But most of these services have several limitations, e.g. you cant add more than 10 static pages to a free web made using Webs, and this wont work. To make a proper website, you need some hosting space, and a domain name.
What if i told you that you can get 1500mb, and a custom.tk domain name, for FREE?
It is possible. 000webhost.com is one of those sites that offer u 1500mb hosting space + a subdomain + a site-buillder, and the best thing about it is that they also allow you to associate your exisitng domain name with your 000webhost account, with a fully featured cpanel, webmail, subdomains e.t.c. it is the closest you can get to real webhosting.
So, hosting, we’l take from 000webhost, and that leaves the domain. Dot.tk offers you a proper free *.tk domain name, for e.g. domain.tk, and yes, this is where we are gonna get a domain name.
Now all you need to do is:
- First check whether your desired domain name is available or not, and if it is, register it immediately. Dont worry about the DNS, redirect thing, you can change that later, just complete the signup process.
- Sign up for an account on 000webhost, and in the box titled “i want to use my own domain,” write the .tk domain name you just registered.
- Once your account is set up, goto the cpanel of your site, and there you’l get a message, asking you to update the nameservers of your domain to something.000webhost.com. To do so, just login to your my dot tk account and go to the domain panel. There you’ll see a list of all the domains you registered on the site, or rather, the only domain youve registered there. 😀
- Just click modify, and in the box that pops up, check “Custom DNS.”
- Leave the IP addresses empty, and in the host name boxes, write down the nameservers of your 000webhost account. Save the changes, and thats it! you are done.
The process may take a day or so, but once it has completed, this is what you will see when you goto your .tk domain.